Search This Blog

Tuesday 29 January 2013

The results of the £20 Christmas Challenge

I have finally worked out how to get pictures from my new phone onto the computer (in a very long winded way!) so I can share with you my Christmas makes. I do have a confession to make though that I didn't manage to make them all as I had a few custom orders to complete which had to take priority but what I did make was under my £20 budget.

The custom orders I completed were wheat bags which were made to a very specific size and weight to replace a much loved (but pretty grim) one! They were scented with lemon and smelt pretty amazing!!


From a craft fair I did at the beginning of December someone also got in contact with me to make them some scrabble bags as a Christmas present. I didn't take pictures of the ones I made but they were based on the one I made my friend as a brithday present.


Now onto the Christmas presents!

I stitched my Nan a little picture of some daffodils as I thought this would look cheerful on the windowsil. The threads I already had so I just spent £1.50 on a mini mirrored frame to put it in.


 
I made my dad a wheat bag from the leftover wheat and fabric so that cost me nothing. I also stitched a Gilmore Girls quote for a friend which I forgot to take a picture of (it all ended very rushed near Christmas!!) which used threads I already had so again just had to buy a frame for about £3.

I have a friend who looooooooves pizza and so I thought I would make her a cushion in the shape of a pizza because that is what everyone needs right?!


This is a picture from before I had finished stitching it up. I am a bit disappointed with the result as I feel I had to rush it to get it finished in time so the toppings could have been more exciting but it looks ok! The materials for this came to about £5 with another £4 on the cushion pad.

I also made an edible gift for my crafternoon friend madeformollyrose! It was using cookie cutters I had from Lakeland and I only had to spend 79p on the flour!


I also made a mini knitted snowman with a pattern from mochimochiland which I thought was so cute for her daughter as a little Christmas present.


I've decided to make it a bit of a mini tradition to give her a little Christmas decoration each year so that she'll have a collection of them when she is grown up and moves out to decorate her house with. This is the one I made her last year (it's been a bit of a snowman theme!)


That is all I managed to make though- oops! I had to have a late night run to a supermarket for the rest of the family presents. But from what I made I spent £14.50ish so within my budget of £20. I am starting my Christmas presents a lot earlier this time!! The one for my mum has turned into her birthday present so you'll get to see that really soon as her birthday is in February- I had better get a move on!

Did any of you have a frugal and thrifty Christmas? What handmade gifts did you give?

No comments:

Post a Comment