Search This Blog

Monday 11 February 2013

Mum's finished birthday present

This should have been Mum's Christmas present but it was no where near finished then so I made sure it was finished in time for her birthday on the 13th February.

I've decided I'm much more productive if I have a couple of projects on the go at the same time but just work on one in the mornings in bed and one in the evenings on the sofa! This was my morning project. As I do a later shift at work every day I don't have to get up and ready until 9am so I wake up at 7am so I can get in a few hours stitching done in the mornings.

My mum plays bowls in the summer and is the ladies captain of the local bowls club so when I found this chart in an old CrossStitcher from a charity shop I thought it would be perfect. It is from issue 32 (July 1995) and is a bowler from the 1900s. I can't imagine it was very easy to bowl in this skirt!!


I didn't use the exact colours in the chart as it would have been too expensive to have to buy them all so just used ones I already had in my box that were close to the picture. I think she will go into the study so I mounted her into a black frame to match the other pictures in there.


I haven't mounted with a border before but I'm pretty impressed with the result. Thought I would even sign it!! I won't be giving her the picture until Sunday, this is possibly the most I have ever been prepared with a handmade present- but there is still time to misplace it before the day!!

3 comments:

  1. Thats beautiful Im sure your Mum will love it. I use the colours from my stash to and they usually work well. I have just seen a seahorse in a magazine and am tempted to do that, its in 4 shades of blue but I think turquoise would work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Some of the shades are slightly different to the picture but then she hasn't seen the chart so she won't know!! Turquoise sounds like it would definitely work for a seahorse. Might as well if you already have those threads.

      Delete
  2. It sounds really great..!! i m dying to know more about this, can you post some more details. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete