Search This Blog

Thursday 10 May 2012

Dad's birthday present

My work in progress this week is in very early stages (mostly still in my head!) It is my dad's 60th birthday on saturday and I am still very much penniless I needed to think of something I could make him.

He wants an Ipad (even though he struggles to work the tv) and is getting Apple vouchers from family so I thought I could make him an Ipad case.

He is boring and doesn't like change so I'm having to keep designs simple so I have decided to go for just a black cover and applique a Apple logo on the front (I might have to go crazy with the lining or something!)

I cut out a template and material from the measurements on the Apple website but it looks way too small so I think I'm going to have to wait until he has it to make sure I get the sizes right but here is a picture to give you an idea.


It does look quite smart just plain but knowing dad he will probably go out and buy a fancy leather one anyway that is an actual 'Apple' branded.


I also splashed out and brought a new knitting book using some Waterstone's vouchers I had left. I didn't go in there for a knitting book (especially not a baby knitting book as I have no baby!) but I loved everything in there and want to knit it all. I have never heard of Debbie Bliss before but all her designs are really lovely and I can't wait to get started to see if the patterns are easy to follow.


This book will more than likely be featuring in future Work In Progress posts so watch this space!

Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment