Search This Blog

Monday 7 May 2012

Finished 'Love' Cushion


This post isn't technically something I finished this week. It is the finished cross-stitch of the 'Love' cushion front I was stitching earlier this year but I realised I hadn't yet shared with you the finished stitching (at least I don't remember posting about it)

The chart for it was in the very first issue of CrossStitcher I ever brought and was the one that drew me to it in the shop so I had to make it!


It isn't exactly as the chart says as I just used threads from my stash instead of the actual colours from the chart but they were pretty close.


There were a few details in the letters that I didn't notice until I was stitching it like the grapes inside the letter 'L'


I had a lot of issues with the 'O' for some reason. I kept making mistakes and I'm pretty sure even the finished version isn't correct to the chart but I couldn't be bothered to take it back anymore. This is probably why it took me so long to finish it.



I just need to find the perfect fabric for the back of the cushion cover now so I can sew it up. I haven't decided whether to keep it for myself or give it away as a present yet!

Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment