Search This Blog

Sunday 10 June 2012

A belated housewarming gift


I have finished my friend Frances' house warming present!!!! She may have moved into her new flat at the beginning of the year but better late than never eh! I didn't know what to make her for her new home but luckily when I went round there for a 'crafternoon' she was flicking through a tea cosy book I was knitting from and requested one so I didn't even have to come up with my own idea!

I started knitting it that very evening as I had all the wool I needed. The main tea cosy was knitted from the left over wool I made her daughter a matinee coat from when she was born- very thrifty!

I got stuck on some parts of the pattern as the book uses some strange terms to decribe stiches but luckily my grandma came to the rescue and evetually (after loosing the tea cosy in a bag for a month or so) I finished it and am rather pleased with how it has turned out:


And a close up of the strawberries:


This is the perfect time to have finished it I think with all the English (and especially Kent) strawberries in season. Also with wimbledon just a few weeks away it will be perfect to have out whilst watching it on the tv! So although I should have finished it sooner (sorry Frances!) the timing has turned out well and I hope she likes it as much as I do!

Xxx

2 comments:

  1. This looks brilliant! I've got that book too, and I find the patterns are really hard to follow and there are a lot of mistakes. Mine never turn out as lovely as yours!
    Eilidhbelle x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! I agree- all the patterns I have tried have had mistakes which is a shame because its a really lovely book. I'm sure yours look just as good- if you need any help with a pattern I can see if I can make sense of it for you!!

      Delete