Search This Blog

Wednesday 20 June 2012

Lulu


The other day I found my childhood doll Lulu!


I received Lulu as a present when my brother was born (I guess so I wouldn't feel jealous about all the attention he was getting).

I was almost 2 and my mum was in hospital for 6 weeks before he arrived. My mum told me that when I used to come and visit I would go round talking to all the other ladies in the ward before I went to see her. Now I don't say much at all!




I could never throw Lulu away as she is too much a part of my childhood. She still has the remains of chickenpox (red felt tip pen!) on her from when I had chickenpox!. Her clothes are rather worn and falling apart though so I'm thinking I shall make her some new clothes but have no idea what to make her. She has always worn these blue trousers so I think a dress would just look weird, maybe some dungarees and a top underneath. I want to sew some clothes and then make a knitted cardigan or something and have her out on a chair in my room. She is nothing special but to me she is priceless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment