Search This Blog

Monday 6 August 2012

Polka Dot Craft Swap

I've become quite obsessed with craft swaps recently. I like thinking of something my swap partner will like that will make me use new techiques and materials to make. I like the suspense and nervouseness after you've sent it, whether they'll like what you've made. And I LOVE post so I love getting my parcel in the post and excitedly unwrapping it to see what is inside.

I have signed up to the Popular Crafts swap twice now. The first time the theme was 'spring' and I cross stitched a little picture which can be seen here and brought a gift and sent it on its way but didn't receive anything in return which was a little dissapointing. This put me off craft swaps for a couple of months but I have taken the plunge again and so glad I did as I received a lovely present from @sarahwalters99 and really enjoyed making her a present.

The theme for this swap was 'polka dot's. Who doesn't love polka dots right? You make your partner an item related to the theme and buy a little gift to the value of £3. This is what I received from Sarah:

A polka dot strawberry pin cushion which is living in my sewing box:


A wooden heart memo clip:


A Cath Kidston brooch, the second layer is polka dotty!


And these are my gifts: An embroidery hoop (perfect for on the go stitching), Cath Kidston buttons and cupcake ribbon. And yes Sarah I also LOVE buttons and ribbons!!!


And this is what I sent Sarah. Her email stated that she loved pink and Hello Kitty so I thought it safe to encorporate these into her present!



I'm quite pleased with how the cushion turned out and wanted to keep it for myself! I am planning to make more to sell at a craft stall in September they may even make it into my Etsy shop when I get round to stocking it up! I do love cushions!

2 comments:

  1. I love my cushion - soooooo me - I'm saving my candle until it gets darker in the evening - it's fab :) so unusual ;)

    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya! I have been nominated for the one Lovely Blog Award and have been asked to pass it on. I am passing it on to you because I think your blog is Lovely! If you would like to accept this award please take it to your blog and pass it on, and if it is not your thing then please accept it as a compliment on your blog! http://madeformollyrose.wordpress.com/2012/08/12/one-lovely-blog-award/

    ReplyDelete