Search This Blog

Wednesday 18 April 2012

Octonauts birthday present

I recently spent an afternoon drinking hot chocolate in a coffee shop with friends and an almost 4 year old who is obsessed with a programme called Octonauts.

I had never heard of this programme but he absolutely loves it and is getting some Octonauts related toys for his birthday. I had already got him a present of a bed set with a monkey on (which I got in the sale a while ago!) and was planning on giving him a sock monkey dressed as a pirate to go with it. As what kid doesn't like pirates right?!

But I have now also decided to make a small Octonauts character to go on his card that he can then take off and play with if he wants. I asked his mum which was his favourite character and apparently it changes between two of them so I have decided to make Peso the Penguin as it looks a bit simpler and I have the right coloured felt already.

Here is Peso:



He is quite cute isn't he?

I have cut out templates from paper and am going to cut him out later and start stitching him together.

I am also turning this sock monkey into a pirate:


He has TONS of toys already so I don't tend to give him toys so hopefully these will go down well.

Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment