Search This Blog

Friday 6 April 2012

My Godmother's birthday present

Good afternoon everyone! I missed wednesday again- oops!

But here is my Work in Progress for the first week in April (time is going so fast)

I think I mentioned a bag my Godmother had asked me to make her for her birthday? Well I have started cutting out templates for it today.

She lives in near Cambridge and used to work as a nurse at one of the colleges there but also was born and grew up in London and about 8 years ago bought a little flat in the Farringdon area. So I thought I would do a plain linen bag with a black sillouette of the London skyline on one side and a Cambridge sillouette on the other. I googled for some images and found one for London no problem but Cambridge was much harder. In the end I just chose a few well know buildings and made my own skyline.

Here is the London template:


From left to right there is Tower of London, London Eye, Nelson's Column, St Paul's, The Gherkin and Big Ben (or Houses of Parliament to be precise!)

And here is the Cambridge skyline:


From left to right: The Catholic Church, Clare College, The Mathmatical Bridge, Kings College and Mullard Observatory.

The bridge in the middle will be embroidered onto the bag as it has lots of criss-cross bits that would be difficult to cut out of fabric and I'm going to embroider the spokes of the London Eye for the same reason.

I haven't decided what to do with the rest of the bag yet as these won't take up much of the space- it might look good just left plain- I'll have to wait until its all cut out to see I guess.

I hope you all have a good Easter!

Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment